Translate Me!

Tuesday 13 November 2012

SILHOUETTE

A Continuation from my previous movie review, here's the final outcome of my Silhouette project! =D 


THEME : (Loosely based upon Silent Hill series) Encountering unseen enemies while in a ghost town.

I had this setting picked out to depict the drab scenery that I have watched in Silent Hill 1 & 2. Revelation which was the movie I reviewed about in the previous post has the strongest influence on my grayscale silhouette as the movie consisted mostly settings shot during the night, especially towards the ending. Even daytime in Silent Hill is dreary. I chose the nurse and pyramid head as my inspiration as they appear to be instinctively the antagonist, as they kill without remorse. The footprints that you see suggests an apparition who follows the wandering man in the background. Based upon Silent Hill, this is what I interpreted from the story, that once a person enters this ghost town, you are going to encounter enemies that you didn't even know exist, or the fact that you didn't know that THEY KNEW you were there, even before YOU KNEW they were there. 

MORAL OF THE STORY : Always be cautious, watch your back & it's better to know some self-defence/be smart in your actions. 

Now, here's how I did this Silhouette piece. I wished I had pictures for you to see but, getting so caught up in creating this artwork made me forget my camera. But, let me at least explain through a rough squiggle sketch. =) 

 STEP 1 :  Sketching out my idea by finding the perspective point and filling in the empty spaces.



 STEP 2 : Coloring the white spaces with black permanent ink. 


STEP 3 : Coloring the sky with monochromatic poster colors.

That's All For Now Folks! This Assignment Will End the First Half of the 2nd Semester...Look Forward for more after the 19th! =D HAPPY HOLIDAYS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment